Monday, April 11, 2005

Moving the Organism

I do a lot of walking, and sporadic bicycle riding. A few hours ago I finished a one hour exercise session, to music I like, in
the privacy of my own home. I've done that for forty-two of the last forty-three days. I try to be daily about it, knowing how
easily I can fall out of shape, in the absence of "moving the organism", as I call it. I've never been concerned about gaining weight, and that's not why I exercise. I do so to keep fit and to clear my clouded head. For someone with "clouded head
syndrome", it has helped me, each time, to chase away the clouds for a while. I guess the serotonin surge only works for a
short time, before it fades on you, and so the clouds have a way of returning, so you can chase them away, one more time.
I've never felt the need to join an expensive health club, and move to music I don't particularly like, with an instrustor barking orders, at me and the rest of the sweaty crew. Perhaps people with inordinately busy schedules, have good reason to go that route, but since I don't believe in "inordinately busy schedules", and see through the hype about spending money to keep fit,
I'll continue, solo, in the privacy of my own home, to "move to the music" and "chase the clouds away", knowing that when
they return, I'll be ready for them, as I get a little fitter...every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home