Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Poem: Lots And Lotsa Water

We face forward on the ferry...
towards blue misted mountains...
I wonder what my fellow watchers are feeling...
as our boat trembles forwards to the far shore...
The old man and woman next to me...
stare silently ahead at the dream scape...
of mountains...mist...islands...and ocean...
Finally he breaks the silence...and says...
"Lots and lotsa water...eh?"...
to which the woman at his side replies...
"Yes...lots and lotsa water!"...
leaving me to note...that one man's dream scape...
is another man"s "lots and lotsa water'...
and to wonder if I have finally discovered...
the secret of long marriages.......................

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM , Blogger kbf said...

i dig your poem. an astute observation, one which i've made many a time. you're deep in thought, contemplating the greater meaning of the wonder before you, and some simple-minded couple next to you is on a totally different wavelength, concerned about what's for lunch or something.

p.s. i got the same comment from juicyfruiter to my blog, too. strange...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home