Monday, January 16, 2006

Autumn Moon

Up to ten p.m. last night there were many people rooting fo a new rainy days in a row record...but...of course Nature is
not into our little games with numbers...and declined to oblige...causing the streak of a mere twenty seven days of rain in
a row to end. However...we started on the trail of another record...today...with another wet and miserable day kicking the
new streak off. The rain this morning...was nudging me not to go outdoors...given a fractious throat recently...not needing
any help from the elements. There was an important chore to be done...that required a trip out...on Saturday I had been
notified that my new cd's were ready to be picked up at the cd manufacturer. I spent some time debating whether I would go
through the rain for the waiting prize...and I got to thinking how completely up to me...are such journeys of mine...as an
artist. Every inch of the way...from the first voice and guitar sessions last August...to getting the idea I would turn some of the songs recorded into a cd...then wotking out guitar and percussion parts...and rehearsing...then finally recording them...
only to be met at the end of my recording efforts...by the sound engineer involved going AWOL..then in my disgust...leaving
the project for about ten weeks...until the new year offered me a chance to start again. Taking my sound and cover masters
into the cd manufacturers...only to be offered a few more opportunities to give up on this project. I remember the level of
motivation I had making my first albums. In recent years that kind of motivation has not been available to me...having made
over twenty albums...does...I've found...leave you with a "to do or not to do" conundrum...throughout the cd making process.
This is where I've found...I've had to "manufacture motivation'...several times during the process...while always being in
danger...of letting it all go...and not bothering with the project. For these reasons...I am happy to report...that in a taxi in
the rain today...I returned home with a container...full of my brand new cd..."Autumn Moon"...with its lovely cover...that I
feel good about having created...along with every sound on the cd. Tonight I can pause...in appreciation...at having
overcome my demons of inertia...to bring this project to the finishing line...having done my artist's part...in making
it happen.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home