Thursday, February 01, 2007

Writing About The Past


Although it's good to write about the present...and even speculate about the future
...if you feel you want to go there...writing about experiences from your past...is
an interesting exercise. You wouldn't want to be doing that all the time...or you might
run the risk of getting stuck there...but any project where you are writing about your life...inevitably has to deal with the past. Actually a split second after you've done anything...it becomes part of your past...so the past is a large territory in our lives
...with it accumulating...from the day we were born. I find that in the present...I
forget...for instance...about so much that I have done. For example...I've written
hundreds and hundreds of songs...but if someone asked me to name twenty...I would have
to mount quite a struggle...to come up with that. So...one good thing about writing
about your past...in a long project...is it reminds you of all kinds of affirmative things you have done in your life...that you had forgotten about...in addition to the
regrets you stir up sometimes when you think of the past. All in all...I think the good
tends to outweigh the other stuff.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home