Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Confidence From Experience


In a little while I'll be heading out to sing for...and talk to...a group of seniors...
at a neighbourhood house in Vancouver. Was just thinking...how in previous years...on
the day of a singing engagement...it would have been unheard of...for me to be doing
something like writing a piece...for anything. My focus on "the packet I had to deliver" that day...was strong...from the moment I awoke...and "distractions" from that
...as I recall...weren't too welcome. Perhaps...the fact that I'm doing this post today
...is a measure of my having become more relaxed about going to appear in public...
perhaps that comes from the confidence acquired over the years...from doing this thing... many times over...and knowing it will all work out well. Haven't thought yet...about what I will say or sing today...perhaps that too...is part of "the confidence that comes from experience". We'll see how it all unfolds........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home