Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Thanks For Beautiful Things


The closest I first came to being a "collector" of anything...was years ago...
before I started painting myself...as I started acquiring paintings I could afford...at auctions...or directly from painters I knew...without a thought about them being good investments...but simply because I liked them. Then...in the nineties...I started my "picture making" [a term I prefer to use instead of "painting"]...chapter. It took a while...but I finally reached the point...where I felt I could hang some of them in my home...without having to apologise for them. I remember strongly...the day I took my "bought" pictures down from my walls...and put them into a cupboard...and hung in their place some of my "created" pictures. There was something significant for me...if not for anyone else...something just about ceremonial...in what I did that day. I remember thanking the pictures I'd previously had on my walls...for what they had given to me...as they'd kept my company...and were a large part...of my making of a home...over quite a few years. I believe in voicing my appreciation of things that
have beautified my life...whenever I can remember to do so. This was one occasion
when I did...I can certainly remember................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home