Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I'll Be Back"


I've been under the weather for a couple days...and took time off from things I
usually do. Today...feeling better...I knew it was my day to return to getting some
things done. Am happy to report...I just finished recording a song video...my editing
of it later...will reveal whether it really worked out. In recent years..."I'll be back" has become one of my mottos. It's about an agreement I have with myself...to do my artist's work...not striving to deliver on quotas...or keeping a daily skein going...for instance...of making videos...but knowing overall...what it is I want to do...not getting intense about it...but knowing when it would be better to take a day
off...rather than push on...regardless of how I'm feeling. I've done that in the past
...pushing my work regardless of how I felt...until I arrived at a revulsion for it
from over exposure. These days...my approach...is to pay heed to the signals
coming to me from all the planes of my being...and knowing when to take time off.
There is one other important component to this approach...it is...that I will be back
to resume my work...as soon as I'm in working shape again. This may sound obvious...
but in the past...I've stopped doing a certain part of my artist's work...and next
thing you know a long period of time had slipped away...for example...as much as
eight months. These days...it's my "I'll be back" agreement with myself...that's helped me...to take my breaks...but resume work...after not too much time has gone
by. Yes...there's something to be said for the "I'll be back" notion...that has
nothing to do with a promise of revenge...but to help in living a productive life...
................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home