Friday, January 02, 2009

Small Extra Steps


I wasn't going to write anout my New Year resolutions...but I'll mention a very
general one. It is to take small extra steps...as my day unfolds...without straining
or striving. Sounds like a contradiction...but for me it's not. Composing this entry...this morning...is an example of what I mean. When the thought crossed my mind...the thought that followed that was..."no...do it this afternoon instead"...I then reminded myself to take the extra step...now...and here I am. The not straining and striving part...is something I brought into my life a few years ago. I had experienced many times...for instance...striving to keep daily skeins going...with my Blog entries...and early on...pulled off some very long ones...but from straining to keep this up...I was finding...that I wasn't enjoying blogging itself. I had found over the years...that straining and striving...at something you want to get done in your life...can even...sometimes...lead to a revulsion for that thing...which can lead to no longer engaging in it in your life. Funny...I've been daily with my blogging for
over five months now...without any striving to deliver on it. Perhaps my long
practice at doing things...without strain...is paying off. But back to taking small
extra steps in your daily life...here's wishing that I can be mindful enough...to
keep doing that...beyond these first two days of this New Year...I've been given....
..........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home