Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time In The Gardens


Yesterday...I went on a video and still picture taking trip...to Van Dusen Gardens...
in Vancouver. It was a wonderful sunny day...but cool. My strong interest in looking
for pictures to take...and taking them...after a while...made me forget about the
coolness of the air. Van Dusen too...was registering the lateness of the blooming of
some species this year...no doubt because of the succession of cool days we've had...
this late winter and spring. However...among the large sized bushes or trees...
rhodedendrons of many colours looked to be in full bloom. I had a chat with one of the
gardeners...who told me...that in about two weeks...finally...there should be a "riot"
of bloomings...as he put it...with species that have been late to flower this year...
meeting up with ones...that are due to bloom...at this particular time. I took many
long...video clips...with my camcorder on a tripod...hoping to use some of them later
...to make some videos with rolling text. As I waited for the long clips to be taken
...I stood quietly by my camera...and was very much aware...at times...of how city
sounds were penetrating into the pristine looking scenes I was taking. Having said
that...the dew was still on the grass...and I knew I was privileged to be spending
the early part of the day in such a place...taking in the beauty of the morning...but
in between...taking pictures of some of the sights...in my time spent there. I
finally returned home...with some beautiful souvenirs of the day...and more grist
for my creative mill. I was very thankful for the whole experience......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home