Friday, June 10, 2005

Daily Journalling

I had sporadically written about my travels or patches of my life, over many years, in note books, but had not been daily
about it. I started a daily long hand journal, at the same time I started painting, eleven years ago. Because of my strong focus on painting at the time, my entries were largely about my pictures. As a self taught painter, going the trial and error route, it
was very important for me to document my journey into picture making, including traps to avoid, or problem solving that
inevitably had to be done. What I ended up having from engaging in the journal process, as I also painted, was a "manual",
for how my pictures had been put together. This is where I first experienced, one of the many benefits of daily journalling, i.e. writing about any journey you were undertaking from the start, and eventually having a detailed record, of your challenges and overcomings, along the way, with this record available to consult, as later you try to recall, details of your
journey. Someone, who also had been painting for a while, once wistfully told me, looking at her pictures,"You know, I can't
remember how I got the effects I did in different pictures, because I never wrote anything down, at the time". underlining
the need for this kind of documentation. As time went by, more and more benefits of daily journalling, began to reveal
themselves to me, eventually motivating me to make a tape called, "Daily Journalling-Springboard to Self Discovery", so that
I could share with others, what I had found about this potent tool, in living your life. Now...I write in two journals...this...my
on-line journal...and still in my long hand journal. They are not exactly the same in content, for example, the mundane
details of living life... like how much money you withdrew fom the bank yesterday...go in my long hand journal...but I still haven't found a place for them in my postings ...yet. Anyway...there is much more to be said about the benefits of daily journalling...maybe I'll return to this subject later...but not now...I have to go and wash some dishes...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home