Monday, August 08, 2005

Sunday Night Escape

It's Sunday evening and I'm writing this as I wait to see the movie..."The Beautiful Country". All I know is that it has to do with
those in Vietnam called "bui doi"...meaning..."less than dust"...the children of Vietnamese mothers and American GI's. In the
past I've reflected on "mixed blooded-ness"...even written songs about it...so...this movie interests me. I remember how I used to smile...when friends of mine who were movie goers...would talk about films they had seen or were going to see.
Perhaps then...the word "escapism" would come to mind...as I teased them about their enthusiasm for the offerings from the
silver screen...while not...myself... wanting to become too dependent on consumerism of one kind or another...and preferring to bring its opposite...creativity...to the fore. Well...that's one more thing that has changed with the passage of time. Escaping to the movies...is one of the mechanisms I deploy...when I need a change of pace having concentrated too much on my creative or project work...or need a change of scenery...or am looking to be inspired by something uplifting. Yes...it looks to me these days...that some escapism is just what I need...sometimes...so that...I can live to fight another day....[P.S. The movie was sad...gritty...and beautiful].......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home