Saturday, October 22, 2005

Homes Away From Home

I have been a very fortunate recipient of the hospitality of others...as I'm
experiencing right now with the people I'm visiting. Over many years of touring in Europe and Canada...in between the sojourns in solitary hotel rooms...I've been met at
airports...trains and bus stations...many times by people I had never met previously...
who then welcomed me cheerfully into their homes...and took good care of me. The catalyst was often my music that brought these meetings on...with a concert in the
area I had come to...but the actual meetings with these "strangers"...and some who had
become riends over previous visits...redeemed my faith in human kind...as they gave of
themselves and their homes...to help me on my way. I've lost track of many of these people...and sometimes wonder about how they are faring. They...and their kindness...will
always remain a bright spot in my life as a troubadour...sometimes...far away from
my own home................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home