Wednesday, October 19, 2005

In Praise Of West Coast Ferries

Am looking forward to a ferry trip to Vancouver Island tomorrow. The ferry may be a transportation link to the Big Island...
but to me this trip...and other boat trips in this beautiful part of the world...are more than that. I always get the feeling that
I'm sailing through a place on this Earth where legends are born...with mountains on islands in the mist across the water...
eagles in the sky...and the feeling that you are already on a holiday...whatever your business may be. A
relative was telling me how...when she was on this very ferry ride a few weeks ago...she saw a pod of killer whales...moving
their majestic way through the water...not too far from the ship she was on. I've done my share of long train rides across the
prairies...or the forested continent of Ontario...but taking a ferry on this West Coast I'm priviliged to live on...is...indeed
my favourite way of getting to where I'm going...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home