Friday, November 11, 2005

It Does Matter

Yesterday...in my morning coffee place...there were two men sitting nearby...talking in very loud voices with heavy accents...
as if there was no one else in the establishment. The problem for me was not with their ethnicity....but...in the first place...
with their loudness...which was skewering my thought processes as I tried to write in my long hand journal. I finally felt
forced to put my pen down...as they continued. I came within a whisper of asking them to shush it. With my writing
interupted...I was able to understand...not everything...but some of what they were saying. Seems that the one who had
been working longest at their place of work...was doing an ego trip...disguised as help...on the other...telling him what to
do in order to keep his job. The Beta male...would try to express what he was feeling...and the Alpha one...at one stage kept
saying to him...whatever he said..."It doesn't matter!". I was reminded once again...of how human beings disactknowledge
each other...in their ego driven interfaces. In my book...telling someone that what they are feeling...or have to offer..."doesn't
matter"...is one of the biggest "no-no's" there is...and is another missed opportunity for having some real communication
with your fellow human beings..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home