Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Poem: I Am The Watcher

Red and blue and orange sails
bulge with the wind...
as it riffles my hair
and the pages I write on...
I am the watcher tonight...
perched on my bench...
facing outwards to the far shore...
Solitariness fits me like a glove tonight...
the dissonances of past summer nights
walking the sea wall beat
left somewhere behind me...
I am patient tonight...
like one of the boulders in front of me...
still...above the rising tide...
To be washed clean of the flotsam and jetsam
of living life...is a longing
the human heart knows...
Tonight...I may not be dancing in the heights
of a summer epiphany...but this particular longing
is stilled in me tonight...
I am this man on the shore listening
to the lulling sound of little waves...
at ease in my solitude tonight...
knowing that even our electric moments
shared with others...always come to an end...
and the trick is...not to seek more of them...
relentlessly...in order to escape
spending time with yourself...
but to return to solitariness...
made easier by the long experience
of its riches...
or having cleansed yourself...
like the patient rock at high tide...
sit in silence...with the sun shining through...
the prism of your soul.........
.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home