Saturday, May 06, 2006

Heart Of A City


A few weeks ago someone was rhapsodizing about the cities in Europe...and how they have
a heart place that people can go to...and mingle...and see and be seen. I didn't have
much of a quarrel with that...but then this person on some kind of roll...went on to
say...that Vancouver didn't have a heart place. I usually let people rattle on in my
presence...having more or less...overcome my own talk compulsion...but at this juncture in the monologue...I heard my voice saying..."English Bay/Stanley Park"...is the heart place of Vancouver". Not much more was said that day about heart places...and the place
I spoke of...is where I continue to head for...when I'm in need of centering...or being
comforted. That sure sounds like a heart place...at least to me.........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home