Saturday, December 16, 2006

Der Totempfahl von Kitsilano


I have rediscovered a text book used in schools in Switerland...in which two of my songs are included. The words of both songs are given in English,,,and then in German.
Never thought I'd see the day...but in this book this verse: "Totem pole of
Kitsilano...You're circled by the city war...But still you stand so tall and straight...I wish your land was only green...under the evening star".
Becomes: "Totempfahl von Kitsilano...Du bist umkreist vom Citykreig...Aber noch stehst du hoch und gerade...ich mochte [two dots above the "o"], dein Land bliebe
immer grun [two dots above the "u"]...Unter dem Abendstern". This...of course...gives
the song a whole new slant for me. I respect the language it has been translated into
but I'm happy I don't have to sing this version.....................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM , Blogger whirld dervish said...

This is fantastic...

but you are right, it is hard to picture you in Leiderhosen!

Big hug
Baba

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home