Thursday, February 08, 2007

City Of Boats


Went for a walk by English Bay this afternoon. I remember how when I first came to
Vancouver...feeling I was in a city of several different things. Once wrote a poem called "City of Flowers"...that title being one way that I could describe this city I love. It could also be called "City of Bridges"...but a name that applies to any time of the year here...is "City of Boats". There are boats of all descriptions that you can see on the "Fingers of the Pacific"...that reach into this city. Canoes...kayaks...sail
boats...barges...Richard Scarry-esque boats beavering around False Creek...ferries...
luxury liners...and freighters...take their turns showcasing themselves on English Bay.
The sight of the big ocean going boats on the water...have always given me a kind of haunting...as they beckon me...to sail away...to distant and exotic places...far away.
Ocean...mountains...and boats...are a combination that make me glad that after all my
rambling...not to mention many other things...that I finally found my second
home...here...on the uplifitng shores of the Pacific...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home