Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Living Calm In A Fast World

Earlier tonight...I sent an e-mail to someone in
Guyana...about my "Pretty Brown" video. Within
about ten minutes...there was a reply. For me...it underlined...the speed of this "New Age"
of human communication we're in. Someone
born into the internet age...would not have
anything to compare it with...and the lightening
...magical speed...at which transactions take place on the internet...would be "ho-hum" territory for them. The river I was born and
raised on...in Guyana...was a place...where you
were lucky to receive a letter posted many days
previously...and this led to an ongoing distrust of
the postal services...that led to the funky tradition...of people boating or walking miles...to hand off a package or letter...to someone
who was trusted...feeling that way it would have a much better chance of arriving...before the
millenium came. So...hearing back from Guyana...in less than ten minutes...left me shaking my
head...and realizing that I should make sure that I emabrace this new time that I am in
...even moreso than I've been doing...while living my life at the organic...measured pace...that I
feel at home with. I know that sounds like a contradiction...but I think it can be done...with a
calm inner life being...where I ultimately wish to "rest my case".................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home