Monday, March 05, 2007

Walking In Beauty

I was once asked to speak...with guitar accompaniment...some of the words of a Navajo
prayer...about "walking in beauty"...for use in a video
about sand painting. It was a piece of work that I found very satisfying. Among other things...it reminded me of a way of life...where ongoingly reaching for the "beauty"...was regarded as a high ideal. Just about every day in my life...I come upon
some manifestation of the ugliness in my world...
wars...people attacking each other in one way or another...and other crude forms of human behaviour
that suggest to me...that the reptile brain is still very
active in many human beings. In the face of that...it
is only reaching for the beauty in Creation...in people
...in the things people create...or the genuinely
compassionate or kind things they do for each other
...that helps me to go on...sometimes. I am also helped on my journey...by living on
the bountiful and beautiful West Coast of Canada...where shards of beauty are always
available...if you are open to seeing them. I give thanks today...for this help...as I go
on my way...in my troubled world..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home