Sunday, February 25, 2007

Keep on Keepin' On

In the Southern United States...one of the
replies to the question that people ask each
other when they first meet...but no one really wants an answer to..."How are you doin'?"...is..."I keep on keepin' on". The first
time I heard that reply...it made me take
notice. Over the years I've grown to see the
wisdom of it...until now I see to..."keep on
keepin' on"...is to engage in a major life skill. "Keepin' on"...is not an automatic thing for a human being to do. For one thing
as time goes by in your life...motivation to
do things...that was once natural to you...
can dwindle right down...while at the same time inertia waits to swallow you up. Then
there are addictions and wounds...that can leave people still breathing...but ceasing
to really live. This little piece tonight...is my own attempt at keepin' on...when on first
looking at my white blog page...inertia offered itself as a giant cloud around me.
Anyway...tonight...I am thankful...that...so far...I've been able to "keep on keepin' on"
..............................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home