Monday, July 02, 2007

State Of Flow


I've been on a tremendous...long...video making streak...and with that kind of focus...something is likely to suffer. My blog is one of the main casualties...looks like I've just missed four days...with no postings. Today...I completed another video...for a song that is difficult for me to play my guitar arrangement to...given the accmpaniment is always shifting under the singing. When I've completed recording a song video like that...one of the first things I check for...is whether there were any grimaces done...as I focussed on playing the right notes on the guitar. Come to think of it...that's one of the plateaus someone who accompanies him or herself on an instrument...has to reach...i.e. to not look like it's a life and death struggle playing the instrument...but to seem in command. It does take a long time to arrive at the point...where your playing and singing all seems effortless...regardless of how you are feeling as you sing and play. It's when you're not properly warmed up...that the voice and fingers can do strange things sometimes. On the other hand...when you are really warmed up...and in a state of flow...you can arrive at playing and singing in a fluid way...with all of it feeling easier to do. On that note...I wish all a state of flow...in whatever it is they choose to do......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home