Thursday, April 10, 2008

Changes In My Blogging


I was thinking the other day about changes in my blogging since I started. At the beginning...I recognised what a gift it was to
write something and post it online...where others could possibly see it. For someone who had been writing for years...but had
been painfully aware...of the long periods of time that could elapse before anyone laid eyes on what you had written...given the gatekeepers between yourself...and venues where your work could be seen or heard. Over the years I'd found a way to create...regardless of the presence of gatekeepers...or not...having decided...not to give away my power to forces outside of myself...to define...my work or myself. Anyway...being able to write something and immediately post it online...was a great liberation. Once the dam blocking my way had been broken...many things that I had wanted to say...were now being said online. I even got into posting something every day...for long periods of time. A change in my blogging happened...when I started to make videos of my songs...poems...and other subjects...and upload them to YouTube. Since then my contact with the outside world via my creations...has flourished. I started hearing from people in far flung places...even gradually becoming friends with some. There were hundreds of encouraging comments coming my way...because of my videos on YouTube. Making videos became...and still is...my primary creative preoccupation. With all this...writing for my blog suffered...and I began to go for longish periods without posting anything. As plentiful as there is evidence that there are people watching my videos...there has been a scarcity of evidence about people reading my blog. Anyway I'm writing this to express my thanks for the privilege of still having a blog...and hoping I can get a post or two in...without eons of time going by...and also without the stress of trying to be daily about it...but more posting entries when I feel I have something to say...without waiting for it to be earth shattering...before I decide to do so. We'll see how it all shakes down........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home