Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Fruiting Time


Spring is my favourite season. Over the last few...I've tracked its unfolding...with my camera...among other things...taking pictures of the different flowers as they come in. This spring...I found it more difficult to do that...perhaps because it was a spring cooler than usual. At the top of my list this year...when it came to flowers...was to get video of the cherry blossoms at their peak...and as their petals began to fall...for a video I had in mind. Over weeks I kept checking out a certain place full of cherry trees...then I didn't check for 8 or 9 days...and when I returned...the falling of the petals had come and gone. One thing I really appreciate about the cherry trees here...is that they become thick with an abundance of flowers...then comes what I call "The Time Of Petals"...when their beautiful fresh petals...come slowly sifting down...or doing a joyful dance...depending on the wind or lack of it. I am thankful I don't see their pink petals...browning on the tree. The browning of flowers while they are still on the tree or bush...is one of my least favourite sights...as spring recedes. There are different kinds of flowers coming out as the summer unfolds...but when I try to take pictures of them...some sign of "the browning" has a way of creeping into the picture. Today's picture is about a time in the summer...when hope rises again..."the fruiting time". I know seeing the fruit on the vine or the tree...from since I was a child...has always given me hope. Cool spring or not...the fruit have returned
......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home