Thursday, August 21, 2008

Inertia Didn't Get Me


My mountains have disappeared under a grey blanket of cloud...the sidewalks are etched
with wetness...and even the roofs are carrying puddles...that weren't there yesterday.
It may be August...but it looks like November out there. Once wrote a song called
"Carver on the grey"...about how that's what an artist has to keep reaching to be...
regardless of the greyness inside or outside of him. Often...when I see a beautiful
painting...or hear a moving song...I think of how close it must have come...to not being created. That is one of the hardest things for an artist to do...i.e...wrench himself out of the greyness and inertia he faces...to start into the making of a poem or song or other creation. It's a moment that can easily be turned away from...especially with avoidance of the task at hand beckoning strongly. Today...there
may not be a thundering opus involved...in my moving away from being fixated by the
blank page before me...but I'm glad...that this effort marks...one more time...when
inertia hovered close...but didn't get me.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home