Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Hopeful Night


Last night...went out to dine...with a nephew of mine and his partner...at a Malaysian
restaurant...in the West End of Vancouver. It was a night full of spirited conversation ...laughter...and a fine selection of dishes. It reminded me of why some people engage in this...often. Dining together and good conversation...is one of those things in life...that benefits all who actively take part in it. We walked to and from the restaurant ...on a road by the shores of English Bay. It was dark out on the bay...but on the shore...there were large trees...beautifully lit up with Christmas lights. It was also shivery cold near the water...and I found myself telling my two companions...that I was glad I was with them...on such a night...down there. I wouldn't have wanted to be on foot...walking solo there...or anywhere else for that matter...in that kind of chill. Seems like my many years away from the tropixs...have
still not inured me to the winter cold. Anyway...the cheerful thought we voiced...
was that it was January...and in January on the West Coast...the first slow flowers
of spring...actually...start appearing. A hopeful thought...on a hopeful night......
........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home