Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Googleable At Last


It's an interesting exercise...once in a while...putting your name into Google...and
seeing what results you get back. Couple nights ago...I put in...Poetry and my name...
and got back a lot of entries about a poet who lived in the early twentieth centry...
as a writer of poems...slightly before my time. There are quite a few people with my name...and they tend to turn up...when you engage in an exercise like this. I figured
...you have to type in something that separates you from all the other people with
your name. So I then typed in..."Poetry...my name...and Guyana in brackets. With this
one word added...there were many results. Some even reminded me of things I'd done...or been associated with that I'd forgotten about. There were people selling books or records of mine...in ways I had never dreamt of myself...there was a repertoire list for a singer...with many songs from my early records...nd so on. It proved to be an interesting exercise...showing that somewhere somehow...your much duplicated name had gotten around...some of the time even...actually refering to you. Never thought the day would come when I'd be "googleable"................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home