Saturday, August 01, 2009

River Of Time


For me...this song illustrates well...why you keep making your songs...turning some
to videos...uploading some...and not letting yourself be held back...by anyone of them...getting lost in the numbers lottery. For me...this is one of my strongest songs.
Perhaps it's the "Latin American triste"...underlying the story it's telling. It's
interesting...that I grew up in Guyana...with calypso music at the time...dominating
the music scene...but it was often the slow Latin American songs...that
insinuated themselves into my memory...deeper than any calypso could. Among the songs
I write...it is also in those songs...of life...and love...and mortality...where I
feel..."man...you're doing your job". So...here's to "River Of Time"...one of my
favourites among the songs I've written...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home