Monday, July 18, 2005

What You Bring To The Party

It would be easy to write about the weather today...summer having finally arrived on the weekend...with this morning blue
skied and warm...but enough. Although I had paid for a second day at the folk festival yesterday...I heeded a "nudge from the deep"...and didn't go. There may have been reasons like...having to face crowdedness...line ups...and a bit of "but I've heard
this stuff before"...but I think there was something else at work...that made me not return. I have often told the story of
forty people...at a party...who are all waiting for the "life of the party" to arrive...but are giving nothing to make the gathering come alive...and telling each other what a boring party it is. Yesterday...I felt that I might be like one of those
"party goers"...if I'd gone to the festival...for whatever reasons...in a lethargic mood...with not much vitalizing energy to give
to being there. That being the case...I felt I'd be better off...keeping my own company...until I gradually found my way back
to being an active contributor to "things festive". Tonight...I'm going to sing by the ocean...on what promises to be a lovely
summer evening. By then...I think...I should be ready again to give something to the situation I find myself in...and...in doing
so...become part of...an uplifting experience............................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home