Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Belated Thank You

As I may have said before on this blog...I was raised on the banks of a river in the country side of Guyana. Where I lived...there was no electricity...radio...televison...or...of course...computers. Acquiring my first computer only a few years ago...involved...for me...overcoming a reluctance I brought with me from my early shaping...to tangle with "new fangled"
machines...as some of the folk on the river may have called them. Subsequently every new computer function I've faced...
has been a mini-Mount Everest...[I hope that's not an oxymoron]. Since my computer acquisiton...I've scaled the walls of...
sending emails...even some with attachments...forwarding...word processing...and a biggie for me as an artist...learning to
make digital pictures...which then flowed into the making of my own cd covers. In a relatively short time...a revolution has
happened in my life...because of my computer usage. Having said that..."jungles of computerdom" stlll surround me...all those things I haven't figured out how to do on my magic machine. Last night...I climbed another mountain...finally figuring
out how to respond to someone's kind comment about my blog...and actually making it work. This posting is actually a belated "thank you"...to those who have sent me encouraging words about my blog...before I had figured out...technically...
how to thank them. From what I gather...the window for being able to do this...technically...is a short one...and so...it seems
...those who wrote in prior to this last week...can't be reached with a response. So...thank you kind folk...who have not heard
from me in the past. I do appreciate your encouraging messages...and from now on...should be able to respond...in the short
window offered for responses...and bit by bit...learn some more about the many mysteries hidden in my shiny white machine.
.............................Quester,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home