Sunday, September 04, 2005

Shifting Gears

Just returned from an evening walk. Had to zip up my jacket because of the coolness of the air. There may yet be some warm
days before winter comes...but the signs are all there...autumn is just about here. For me it signals preparing my mind and other planes of my being...to deal with a time that is not as "open faced"...as spring and summer. As a song of mine called
"Autumn Song" says..."Autumn never smiles...at those who face the wind...there are no favours taken...given...this time...
This time is for the wind...this time is for the stone...this time is for the one...who can catch fire". Perhaps that may sound a bit harsh...but it may have to do with the way...an equator born and shaped person...begins preparation for the "cooler times". for me there is a difference between the seasons spring and summer...when you can start relaxing and opening up yourself to your earth environment...and how you get ready for seasons that are not as easy or uplifting to you...autumn and
winter. I do...however..find autumn and winter...to be a great time for digging into projects that were not so easy to come to
grips with...during the distractions of spring and summer. All in all...I see the good in all of the seasons...it's just that I find
myself having to shift gears...as I begin to see signs...of a new season coming in........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home