Sunday, October 09, 2005

Blog Cleansing

For a while now...I've been experiencing frustration with the "comments" section of my blog. The spammers have discovered it...and in their dimness...or with their robotic practices...have not twigged that the space provided for "comments"...was for
precisely that...and not futile pieces of spam. Thinking I could appeal to their good sense...about a week ago...I posted a
piece titled..."The fruitlessness of spamming me". Within a half hour or less...it had attracted two pieces of spam!. It was then I twigged to the fruitlessness of this approach. Since then I've lived with the spectre of pieces of spam being forever embedded...among my postings about life. Today...overcoming my Third World reluctance to try out new functions with the
technology provided...I finally looked at the "help" part of my blog...and quantum leaping...for me...started using the garbage
can available under the "comment" heading...to delete these invasions into my blog...of the last week. I then changed the "word verification" setting to "yes"...which I've read blocks the machine spammers. I may yet figure out how to delete spam that came in prior to this last week. Even so...right now...I feel like I've finally found the secret of repelling irrelevant and futile pieces of misguided opportunism...otherwise known as spam...from my blog. I feel like dancing.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home