Saturday, November 12, 2005

Subjective Reality

My morning coffee place...for two days in a row...has presented me with grist for my blog. Yesterday...this man who has
previoudly sought me out...to chat...came in with an "I thought I would find you here"...and sat himself down at the other
chair at my table. He is also a musician and we started to talk about our likes and dislikes in music. As is obvious...no two
people are likely to like exactly the same kinds of music...and soon...where we differed emerged. So far...so good. As I
stated my preferences...I made sure I added the phrase..."this is only my subjective reality"...but soon...a syndrome I'd
experienced again and again presented itself. It is when one human being...in the face of a differing opinion...attempts a
conversion of the heathen expressing his or her own take on things...for he was basically telling me...why I should like what he liked. We finally parted...and I was left with a dissonant feeling. Perhaps it was because...wishing to be peaceful...I had not
told him...in addition to saying that "this was only my subjective reality"...as I expressed my likes and dislikes...that he
should be secure with his subjective reality...and respect that of others...and not feel compelled to put pressure on
somebody else's...to try to make it fit with his.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home