Friday, March 31, 2006

Blitzed By The Beauty

This morning...I went to Beacon Hill Park...one of the lovely spots in
Victoria...with its Gary oaks...and flowers of many kinds in bloom. The dew was
still on the grass...as I meandered through its appealing sights...stopping from
time to time to take a picture of low lying blue flowers growing out of
crevices in boulders...or fields of daffodils ...combining with the light pink
of cherry blosoms. Took a few pictures from the top of Beacon Hill...but then went
down the hill towards the water...to get pictures with the yellow of the
blooming gorse in the foreground...the wide expanses of the Straits of Juan de Fuca
...and the mountains of Washington State...on the other side. As I was telling a
relative...I came here...camera in hand at the perfect time of the year with
so much bloomimg going on. For instance...many of my pictures of swerving
shore lines...and distant points pushing out into the water...have been framed by the
vital yellow of gorse...that at another time of year...might not be in bloom. I
returned to my home away from home...with my senses blitzed by the beauty of the vistas...and the bloomings I had seen...and also the quiet of certain spots...only
punctuated by bird calls...at times. Feel as if my trip has been more than
worthwhile...already..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home