Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Dancer


I come from dancing people. Dancers have appeared in my songs...such as...
"The Dancer"..."King of the Dancing Fools"...in my paintings...such as "Bliss
Dancer"..."Spring Ritual"...and many more...in poems...the names of which I can't
recall. As a writer of words...dancing...or dancers...are about rising and
moving with grace to the beat of life...not about the sleep walking...we often
let...take over our lives. Dancing...is about liberation...rather than
enslavement...or simply settling for the status quo. As a picture maker...with
brushes...pixel painting...or camera...dancers...represent grace and power...in
a way I don't thing apples and peaches in a bowl...can. Is it any wonder...that
dancing shapes...are among the first I see...as I look around me...even etched
on a wooden fence...on a February afternoon...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home