Friday, March 10, 2006

First Staying Snow


I looked out of my window late last night and was surprised to see it snowing. This
morning the snow has stayed on the house tops...making this...if memory serves me
correctly...the first "staying snow" of the winter. Snow always seems to catch people
on the West Coast off guard...with drivers predictably slithering off roads...and
bringing a sight I've always appreciated seeing here...but have never seen East of the Rockies...people walking on the snow on the side walks...with their many coloured umbrellas bobbing above them. What's a defense for the rain out here...is by reflex action...deployed against anything that comes down from the skies. My camera...of course...was active this morning...catching this fairly unusual sight...on this coast
...where palm and bamboo grow...and snow can be appreciated for...its once in a while
appearance................Quester

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home