Sunday, April 09, 2006

Vancouver Public Art-1


With my eyes seeing more than they did pre-camera...I'm noticing how beautifully
endowed Vancouver is with public art. You could live in a city for a long time and not
really see the murals or other pieces of work...others in your city have contributed
to making it a more human place...in the midst of all the traffic...and clash...clang
...and hurrying. Today's picture...is part of a time to time series...I hope to do...
of some of the visual expressions...exposed to rain...and all kinds of weather...or
even vandalism...heaven forbid...but present on some of our public walls...or other locations. This one...is part of a mural on Nanaimo Street...at Hastings...about a block away from where I live. I remember not too long ago seeing the youth group involved...at work on it...and now it's part and parcel of my neighbourhood...which is the better...for having it painted high on a wide wall...calling out to passersby...to stop...and take a good look.......
.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home