Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Royal Birds


Today I went for a long walk...up a hill...to where there were beautiful glimpses of the city below. I took note of those with my camera...but...this day I wanted to
experience a touch of the tropics. So...I went into a place...that is sealed off from
the vagaries of Canadian weather...and for a little while wandered among tall palms
...banana trees...and flowers that I recognised...from a long time ago. It was a flash
of a brilliant mix of colours...that especially...caught my eye this day...which I honed in on...to see two large and stately macaws...puttering about...among the
branches. It took me back to my childhood...where parrots...and sometimes...macawa...
were an integral part of the environment. Although I was aware of the imprisonment of
these two magnificent birds...they still took me back...to a distant time of
innocence.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home