Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Learning Through Obstacles


About two weeks ago I bought a dvd burner...to use it for making discs that would store
various pieces of my work as an artist. Achieving this goal has been elusive. For me
as somewhat of a novice when it comes to computers...it's been a time of frustration...
not to be able to utilise...this...and other new bought tools and software. When...some time ago...I asked a relative...half-jokingly...whether it was a conspiracy that causes me so much difficulty...with certain aspects of computerdom...he loftily replied..."it's innate knowledge that makes the difference...it's not a conspiracy". This evening...I am reminding myself that although one of my computer goals keeps on being blocked...that I musn't forget...that despite this central frustration...bit by bit I'm acquiring "innate knowledge" that is helping me with some of what I've come up against...that
this very...battering my head against a wall...as it sometimes seems...has caused me
in the last several weeks...to learn many things...and to use some of the new tools
...that I've acquired...in what is actually turning out to be...a great creative surge. So...here's to tomorrow...and finding ways to break through blocked places...
and may the beautiful creative groove I'm in...continue..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home