Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Creative Accidents


Tried to post this photo last night but my blog site was not available. One of my
creative tenets is...be open to accidents or the unexpected...as you create.
Once wrote a song..."Totem Pole of Kitsilano"...about the pole in this picture...one
of the tallest I've ever seen in British Columbia. Yesterday...in a ramble through
Kitsilano...I was standing out in the road...just about to take my totem pole picture
...when this young woman on a bicycle...came into the shot...as if on some sort of cue.
I snapped the picture...although it wasn't the one I'd planned. After...looking at it
...I saw that instead of being a choice for deletion...to me...it had a surreal aspect
to it...[and I tend to like "surreal"]. i.e. I had "accidented" into a picture...I
ended up liking. So...here's to "creative accidents"...that take you away from
predictable places...as you create..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home