Monday, July 03, 2006

Back To My Music


Yesterday...after listening to a tape of my songs yet to be recorded...I made a
conscious effort...to focus back on my music...which has been pushed aside a bit...
since my acquiring a digital camera...and taking and processing pictures almost every
day since. So...yesterday and today...I spent quite a bit of time listening to song
tapes...and sometimes being reminded of songs...I'd almost forgotten I'd written. I
hope to keep songs...to the forefront over the next while...although I hope to take
some pictures in between. Yesterday...I also found a tape I'd been looking for...high
and low...of two instrumentals I'd created several years ago...one called "Heart Beat" ...and the other "Earth Song". I was happy...when today...I was able to turn the two...into digital information...now stored in my computer. "Earth Song"...of the two...is importsnt to me...as it was done as as a chanting improvisation...in which I hit some low notes...I doubt whether I've hit since...or am likely to up ahead...given the "space" I was in that day. The power in this piece...comes out of its improvisation...and trying to do a singing copy of it...simply aouldn't work...hence why it was important to save it as a digital piece...that can be put on a disc. It helped to make an encouraging start...getting back to my music..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home