Saturday, June 24, 2006

Marching For Peace


Went...as I have many times before...to a World Peace march today. There were many enthusiastic people taking part under the hot summer sun. The atmosphere at the
march...was also warm...and friendly...and I felt that it was good to be with these
people for the walk's duration. Like everything else I experience...questions were
never far away...about this aspect...or that aspect...of the interest groups marching
...and I would prefer to see more banners...where people were stating what they were
"for"...rather than the societal tendency...represented here too...to state loudly
what you are "against". I also...for a long time...have liked the slogan "Let Peace
Begin With Me"...I think it goes to the heart of what Peace...is about...a world full
of people who were each letting Peace begin with themselves...would be a most effective way of bringing Peace to our troubled world. All in all...I am glad I went walking...with people who were sometimes rowdy...but certainly peaceful...given what we were all marching for...It was a good day under the West Coast sun..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home