Friday, August 11, 2006

Early Autumn Blues


Today...there are intimations about the coming of autumn...in the drop in temperature
...the cloudiness of the day...a turning away from the boldness of summer light...the
tattered leaves...brown at the edges...on the tree outside of my front window...not to mention...the ones that have already fallen to the ground. Yes...there are signs that you think come from signals your senses are giving you...but there could be more to it than that. Ever since I came to Canada...from the tropics...even in early August...I have found myself bracing for a cool wind...soon to come. Yes...on close inspection...or should I say introspection...I can see...that I have a predisposition to see...or feel...autumn in the air...once the calendar page turns...leaving behind July and the illusion it creates...that I am still living on the equator. Yes...today...all I'm going through is a touch of the Early Autumn Blues...and I have to remind myself that...Summer and Indian Summer...actually have...more than one kick at the can left...before the snow starts falling..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home