Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Happy Further Scribbling


It's been a fruitful breakfast and lunch time out in the world. Sometimes my writing is aided by being out in a coffee place...or restaurant. At the coffee place this morning I jotted down many ideas...in my daily long hand journal...about a project or two that have surfaced. Of course...I can't go into detail about them...over the years I've found that if you tell anyone specifics about a new project...especially early on... you run the risk of venting too much of the steam behind it...and not
having enough left to see you through to your project's completion. All I can say about the fruit from lunch time today...is that in my favourite Chinese restaurant...
in my neighbourhood...where they are very tolerant of this sometimes unshaven fellow
...often scribbling on in his journal...long after his chicken...with green beans...and black bean sauce...is done...the closing passage to a book I'm working on came. How well it will stand up to the scrutiny of my editor's eyes...is...of course...another matter...but I do now...have a closing to work with. Closings and beginnings are notoriously hard to come by. Wish me happy further scribbling......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home