Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Reubenesque Moon


My ears prick up when I hear a word I hadn't honed in on before. Years ago someone used
the term "gibbous moon" in my presence...and it was not long after...I'd written a poem
..."Under the Gibbous Moon". Aparently...a moon thus described...is one past half moon
state...and getting fatter. This picture of the moon was taken last evening. Looks to be an almost full moon...but I'm not sure whether it went past its gibbous stage a few
nights ago or not. Having said that...I am not qoing to quibble about degrees of fatness...being a lover of fat moons...whether they have a little more filling out to do...or not. Just had a thought from the blue...maybe I should start using the term...
"Reubenesque Moon"...and leave any finer definitions of our closest orb in the sky...to
meteorologists...and astrologers...and keep my eye out for the infrequent "blue moon"...they keep talking about..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home