Sunday, October 15, 2006

Blessings Of The Rain


Today it is raining...and grey...and overcast...and my mountains are hiding away.
Nevertheless...I went out for lunch...then for a good walk in the rain. What enabled me
to do so...was a copious black umbrella I bought for five dollars...at the height of
the longest sunny spell I've known out here on the West Coast. Was it simply responding to a bargain...or realizing that although rain may be slow in coming...as it has been this year...on the West Coast...it's always been an inevitability. I'm not saying I don't get fed up with it sometimes...but I hope it always continues to be that way...causing the bountiful growth of flowers and trees. After the global warming messages I've been hearing...I give thanks for the rain...may it continue to fall wherever it blesses the Earth...may it continue to fall on the place I call home... .............Quester.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM , Blogger whirld dervish said...

The rain...

yes...the rain!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home