Saturday, October 14, 2006

Late Offerings


One of the things I love about the West Coast...is the way the gifts of the Earth persist deep into autumn...and even into winter. I remember before coming to live here...writing a song called "Pacific Dream"...and wanting to mention how late the roses bloom out here. I came to live in this part of the world...armed with this song...among other things. In its original version...written in Toronto...it had the line, "sending me where December roses grow". I came in October...and kept checking out to see how my reference to the "state of the roses" was holding up. They lasted pretty well through November. It was only in December I started to notice the icy scorching the frost had done to them...and reluctantly decided to change the month...in the song in question...to "November". There is something about how or when or where things grow or flourish...in the big city intrigue me...speaking of which...berries offered through the crack in a fence...make me smile................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home