Sunday, November 26, 2006

First Snows Of The Season


Why does the coming of the first snow stir a mixture of feelings in me?. It does bring a striking change to our surroundings...and for that reason alone is a noteworthy event. It also brings a certain kind of beauty...that at least on the West Coast of Canada...doesn't happen that much. New fallen snow...before feet have tramped through it...reminds us of a certain kind of purity. For me the first snows of the season...is a bitter-sweet experience. Added to the foregoing...are the memories it brings back to me...the beauty of the first Ontario snows...brand new to Canada from the tropics that I experienced...followed by a prolonged ravaging of my well being for what seemed an eternity...until the first dandelion poking upwards...out of the debris of winter on its way out...told me that I had survived...one of the harshest experiences of my life.
I know now...that I don't have to brace myself for that anymore...having found the
shelter of the West Coast. Out here...snow appears...usually...just long enough for
you to throw a few snow balls...or slide down a hill...or go out into it...on a little exploration of it...and despite the low light...taking one more picture of it...to add to the ones I've taken this day...from my front windows.........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home