Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Turning Turbid


Never thought I'd see the day when the state called "turbidity" became important in my life. This is actually the sixth day since it became important to two million residents of the Vancouver area. Basically it is when the water in reservoirs...in this case...becomes clouded with sediment...and who knows what else...from mud slides etc...caused by excessive rain. There has been a warning not to drink tap water...or use it without boiling it first. Typing that...made me go to the stove to turn off the heat under the pot of water that's been boiling for a while. It's all been another reminder...of how we urbanites take for granted so many things we use on a daily basis...that are actually...not automatic...and could vanish at any moment...like electricity and reliable tap water. Apart from adjustments I've had to make...since my life " turned turbid"...I can sniff a metaphor for some aspect of life blooming in that blunt and uninspiring word...it should be obvious what it is...hope it becomes clear...by the time my tap water does..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home