Saturday, January 13, 2007

In Praise Of Totem Poles


I've been posting some chilly scenes lately mirroring the cold snap we've been in.
Tonight I thought I'd look for a different kind of picture. This one was taken last
summer of the "Totem Pole of Kitsilano"...which I once wrote a song about...and always
uplifts me when I look at it. I remember the natural high I felt the first time I
saw a toem pole...standing in its natural environment on the West Coast of Canada.
I marvelled at the complex and creative cultures who would have come up with such
organic representations of who they were...utilising the straight, tall trees that
grow bountifully in this part of the world. I think the totem poles...even in cities like Vancouver and Victoria...put a stamp on these cities...that connect us with the
First People and the Land in this part of the world...adding an inspiring ingredient
to life in these cities...hard to find in other cities of Canada............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home